Quantification of within- and between-farm dispersal of Culicoides biting midges using an immunomarking technique
Mechanistic model for predicting the seasonal abundance of Culicoides biting midges and the impacts of insecticide control
Range expansion of the bluetongue vector, Culicoides imicola, in continental France likely due to rare wind-transport events
A comparison of commercial light-emitting diode baited suction traps for surveillance of Culicoides in northern Europe
Chair Environment and Energy Committee
- Sanders, C. Speaker, ‘Vector competence may influence selection of field reassortment strains of bluetongue virus’ Vector-borne Diseases in the UK Biennial Conference, Liverpool, 29 November 2016.
- Sanders, C. Speaker, ‘Vector competence may influence selection of field reassortment strains of bluetongue virus’ International Congress of Entomology, Orlando, Florida, 28 September 2016.
- Sanders, C. Invited speaker, ‘Quantification of within- and between-farm dispersal of Culicoides using an immunomarking technique’ Mitigating ongoing risk of Bluetongue epidemics through efficient control and protection zones limits. Lancaster University, 22 August 2016.
- Sanders, C. Burgin L. and Carpenter, S. Poster: ‘Techniques for the study of dispersal of Culicoides biting midges’ 4th International Conference – Bluetongue and other Orbivirus diseases, Rome, 6 November 2014
- Sanders, C. Invited speaker, ‘Predicting the dispersal of Culicoides’ Society of Vector Ecology, San Antonio, Texas, 28 September 2014.
- Sanders, C. Speaker, ‘Culicoides vectors and viruses in the UK’ Invited speaker, ‘Advances in Development of Early Warning Tools for Detection of Vector-borne Diseases of Animals, including Zoonoses - Focus on Vectors and Development of Diagnostic and Tracing Technologies used for Livestock Pathogen Detection’, Joint FAO/IAEA consultant meeting, Vienna 5th December 2013.
- Sanders, C. Speaker, ‘Dispersal of Culicoides (Diptera: Ceratopogonidae) vectors: predicting the disease risk to the UK.’ Bluetongue, Schmallenberg, what is next? Culicoides-borne viral diseases in the 21st Century, workshop University of Wageningen 3rd May 2013.
- Sanders, C. Invited speaker, ‘Long distance dispersal of Culicoides (Diptera: Ceratopogonidae) vectors: Predicting the risk of disease incursion to the UK’. Royal Entomological Society, Ento11: Annual meeting, University of Greenwich 8th September 2011.
- Sanders, C. Invited speaker, ‘Climate change and vector-borne disease’. Society of General Microbiology Dublin, Ireland 3rd February 2011.