Students at the Institute benefit from being part of a world-leading research organisation by being supervised by internationally recognised experts in the field and from access to excellent research facilities, training, seminars and academic journals.
Studentships at Pirbright contribute to veterinary science that has real-world impact - read about how Hassaan Bin Aslam's studentship with the Avian Influenza group has produced vital information about avian influenza in Pakistan's chicken industry that can be used by scientists, policy makers and farmers to prevent the spread of the disease.
In this interview series we spoke with PhD students at Pirbright to get an insight into their different entry routes, challenges and achievements, opportunties, advice for prospective students and more. From a former research assistant turned PhD student, to an international student and scholarship recipeint, each of them provides a unique insight into their own personal experience. Watch their interviews using the links below.
Other benefits of studying at The Pirbright Institute:
- Students are registered with prestigious universities for the award of their degrees - we currently have links with 11 UK universities.
- Student accommodation is available at a reasonable rent and is guaranteed for first year students.
- An enhanced stipend is offered to reflect the cost of living in Surrey.
- Students will benefit from project based and transferable skills training throughout their degrees.
- The Institute offers a social club, onsite gym and subsidised restaurant.
We regret that the Institute does not offer work experience placements to people under the age of 18 years. This is due to the restrictions of working in a high biosecurity environment.
UK Posgraduate Doctoral Loans:
A Postgraduate Doctoral Loan (of up to £28,673) can help with living costs while you study a postgraduate doctoral course, such as a PhD. Students in receipt of Research Council funding are not eligible. Details can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/doctoral-loan