eduroam(UK) allows users to access to the internet through a single Wi-Fi profile and set of credentials, wherever the service has been made available by participating organisations. Connection can be seamless and automatic. Janet is the UK provider of eduroam.
The Pirbright Institute complies with both the Home and Visited eduroam(UK) requirements and this service is available at the Institute. Technical details required to make use of eduroam(UK) within The Pirbright Institute are shown below:
- Security protocol support: WPA and WPA2
- Cipher support: AES (will work with both WPA and WPA2)
- SSID: eduroam
eduroam(UK) users requiring support should contact their own site IT staff for assistance.
The Pirbright Institute Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)
- Users will adhere to the eduroam(UK) Acceptable Use Policy
- Users will adhere to the eduroam(UK) Roaming Policy
- Users will make sure that they keep Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware software up to date on their clients, using the facilities provided by their home site where applicable
- Users will not attempt to make use of P2P software
- Users will ensure that they adhere to the AUP of their own organisation
- Only ports/protocols required to support eduroam(UK) (as detailed on the eduroam(UK) website) will be permitted
- Should users require IT support their point of contact will be their own site IT staff