Sanz-Bernardo B, Suckoo R, Haga I R, Wijesiriwardana N, Harvey A, Basu S, Larner W, Rooney S, Sy V, Langlands Z, Denison E, Sanders C, Atkinson J, Batten C, Alphey L, Darpel K E, Gubbins S, Beard P M (2022)
The acquisition and retention of lumpy skin disease virus by blood-feeding insects is influenced by the source of virus, the insect body part, and the time since feeding
Journal of Virology early view , e0075122
Publisher’s version: https://doi.org/10.1128/jvi.00751-22
Sanders C, Veronesi E, Rajko-Nenow P, Mertens P P C, Batten C, Gubbins S, Carpenter S, Darpel K (2022)
Field-reassortment of bluetongue virus illustrates plasticity of virus associated phenotypic traits in the arthropod vector and mammalian host in vivo
Journal of Virology 96 (13) , e0053122
Publisher’s version: https://doi.org/10.1128/jvi.00531-22
Stokes J E, Carpenter S, Sanders C, Gubbins S (2022)
Emergence dynamics of adult Culicoides biting midges at two farms in south-east England
Parasites and Vectors 15 (1)
Publisher’s version: https://doi.org/10.1186/s13071-022-05370-z
Tugwell L A, England M E, Gubbins S, Sanders C J, Stokes J E, Stoner J, Graham S P, Blackwell A, Darpel K E, Carpenter S (2021)
Thermal limits for flight activity of field-collected Culicoides in the United Kingdom defined under laboratory conditions
Parasites and Vectors 14 (1) , 55
Publisher’s version: https://doi.org/10.1186/s13071-020-04552-x
Dorey-Robinson D L W, Fernandez de Marco M, Hernandez-Triana L M, Folly A J, McElhinney L M, Stokes J E, Sanders C, Carpenter S, Fooks A R, Zalesky O, Gelman B, Erster O, Johnson N (2019)
Complete genome sequence of a bovine ephemeral fever virus isolate from Israel
Microbiology Resource Announcements 8 (41) , e00822-19
Publisher’s version: https://doi.org/10.1128/MRA.00822-19
Chair Environment and Energy Committee
- Sanders, C. Speaker, ‘Vector competence may influence selection of field reassortment strains of bluetongue virus’ Vector-borne Diseases in the UK Biennial Conference, Liverpool, 29 November 2016.
- Sanders, C. Speaker, ‘Vector competence may influence selection of field reassortment strains of bluetongue virus’ International Congress of Entomology, Orlando, Florida, 28 September 2016.
- Sanders, C. Invited speaker, ‘Quantification of within- and between-farm dispersal of Culicoides using an immunomarking technique’ Mitigating ongoing risk of Bluetongue epidemics through efficient control and protection zones limits. Lancaster University, 22 August 2016.
- Sanders, C. Burgin L. and Carpenter, S. Poster: ‘Techniques for the study of dispersal of Culicoides biting midges’ 4th International Conference – Bluetongue and other Orbivirus diseases, Rome, 6 November 2014
- Sanders, C. Invited speaker, ‘Predicting the dispersal of Culicoides’ Society of Vector Ecology, San Antonio, Texas, 28 September 2014.
- Sanders, C. Speaker, ‘Culicoides vectors and viruses in the UK’ Invited speaker, ‘Advances in Development of Early Warning Tools for Detection of Vector-borne Diseases of Animals, including Zoonoses - Focus on Vectors and Development of Diagnostic and Tracing Technologies used for Livestock Pathogen Detection’, Joint FAO/IAEA consultant meeting, Vienna 5th December 2013.
- Sanders, C. Speaker, ‘Dispersal of Culicoides (Diptera: Ceratopogonidae) vectors: predicting the disease risk to the UK.’ Bluetongue, Schmallenberg, what is next? Culicoides-borne viral diseases in the 21st Century, workshop University of Wageningen 3rd May 2013.
- Sanders, C. Invited speaker, ‘Long distance dispersal of Culicoides (Diptera: Ceratopogonidae) vectors: Predicting the risk of disease incursion to the UK’. Royal Entomological Society, Ento11: Annual meeting, University of Greenwich 8th September 2011.
- Sanders, C. Invited speaker, ‘Climate change and vector-borne disease’. Society of General Microbiology Dublin, Ireland 3rd February 2011.