Residential Guidelines for Research Council Studentships: For further information on residential eligibility guidelines please refer to Residential guidelines for UK Council Studentships
Your application will only be considered if we have received the following documents:
- Application Form
- Equal Opportunities Questionnaire
- References – please note that it is your responsibility to contact your referees and arrange for the references. Please see further details below.
Please email your application (Application Form, CV and Equal Opportunities Questionnaire) to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline noted in the advert.
The Word version has been developed using form filling software and allows you to complete the form electronically. If you use the pdf version please complete this in typescript or black ink, preferably printed. You must complete all parts of the application form in full.
Equal Opportunities Questionnaire
The Word version has been developed using form filling software and allows you to complete the form electronically. If you use the pdf version please complete this in typescript or black ink, preferably printed.
We require two recent references in support of your application. Both referees should be familiar with your academic work, preferably at the institution at which you have recently studied/are studying. A reference referring to specific work experience relevant to the project(s) you wish to undertake can be substituted for one of the academic references. Both referees should be provided with the guidelines below.
Please note that consideration of your application will be delayed if we have not received two references for your application. It is your responsibility to contact your referees and arrange for the references to be sent.
Guidelines for Referees
References should be written on official headed paper, addressed to Dr Lynda Moore, Head of Academic Affairs & Training, and either emailed to email@example.com or posted to the address below. References should include the following points:
- Full name of applicant
- Intellectual qualities (e.g. present performance, future potential, ranking in class, current position). Do you consider the applicant’s degree result a true reflection of his/her abilities?
- Suitability for chosen project(s)
- Powers of expression
- Interests and future plans
- Other relevant information (e.g. the length of time you have known the applicant and in what capacity). If you are an applicant’s present/former employer, please include an outline of responsibilities and an appraisal of their competence
- Your signature
- Your title, name and position
Applications and references can also be sent by post to:
Mrs Yvonne Walsh
The Pirbright Institute
Surrey, GU24 0NF
General enquiries regarding how to apply should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org