This course is designed to provide an understanding of the need for Safe Systems of Work (SSoW) and how along with a robust Permit to Work (PtW) system they can help to both identify and reduce risk. Each organisation is different and will adopt a system that is appropriate for their needs and this course explains how it is applied at The Pirbright Institute to provide context only. It is designed as a basic introduction to the practical application of these systems. When considering systems for your organisation, guidance from your appropriate government health and safety executive should be sought.
What you need to know
- £75, fees are payable via PayPal, Visa or Mastercard (local taxes will be added where applicable).
- The course is expected to take a minimum of 2 hours to complete. Once purchased, access to the online material is available for 30 days and can be studied in your own time.
- Success will be recognised with a certificate of completion.
- The course is prepared in English (UK).
Course pre requisites
No prior knowledge is required, however working in an environment where safe working is critical would make this course relevant.
- The Cost of Getting it Wrong.
- Legal Requirements for a Safe System of Work.
- Safe Systems of Work and The Permit to Work.
- The Institute’s Permit to Work People, Processes and Forms.
How to apply
To purchase this course please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our training team will be in contact with you to arrange access to our online learning portal where you will be able to purchase the course using PayPal, Visa or Mastercard.