If you are supporting the regular flushing and temperature testing of water outlets required as part of your organisations overall Legionella monitoring and control process, then this eLearning will provide some guidance on the importance of carrying out this task correctly. Covering the background to Legionnaires’ disease, the legal requirements and introduction to the flushing and temperature checking requirements of the overall monitoring and control process, it refers to The Pirbright Institute as a example to explain these two practical activities.
What you need to know
- £75, fees are payable via PayPal, Visa or Mastercard (local taxes will be added where applicable).
- The course is expected to take a minimum of 2 hours to complete. Once purchased, access to the online material is available for 30 days and can be studied in your own time.
- Success will be recognised with a certificate of completion.
- The course is prepared in English (UK).
Course pre requisites
No prior knowledge is required, however involvement in supporting the application of the Health and Safety Executive’s approved code of practice for "The control of legionella bacteria in water systems", known as L8 would be an advantage.
- The background and dangers of legionnaires’ disease.
- Flushing requirements.
- Temperature requirements and their measurement.
- Recording results (as it is carried out at The Pirbright Institute).
How to apply
To purchase this course please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our training team will be in contact with you to arrange access to our online learning portal where you will be able to purchase the course using PayPal, Visa or Mastercard.