This course is designed primarily for maintenance technicians and those wanting an introduction to the principles of testing, validating and changing HEPA filters that are installed in air handling systems, forming part of a biocontainment barrier.
It is an online eLearning course studied in your own time, followed by a multiple-choice assessment, leading to a certificate of completion. The eLearning course is designed to provide an understanding of HEPA filters, from background material, to testing and handling, and onward to changing and disposal; both the volumetric and face-scanning methods are included, according to Standard EN 1822-1 & BS EN ISO 14644-3:2019. This module is prepared in English (UK) and success will be recognised with a certificate of completion.
Please note that this module does not include any hands-on practical training. For those wanting practical experience of testing using the volumetric method, we do offer a 1 day instructor-led course (ILC) held at our Surrey site in the UK.
What you need to know
Cost (per person):
- Stand-alone eLearning course: £150
- Fees are payable via PayPal, Visa or Mastercard (local taxes will be added where applicable).
- This eLearning course is expected to take a minimum of 4 hours to complete. Once purchased, access to the online material is available for 30 days and can be studied in your own time.
- In order to maximise the learning from this eLearning course, we would advise you to take it several times during the time the material is available to you.
- Success in the online assessment will be recognised with a certificate of completion.
- The course is prepared in English (UK).
- Please note that a 1 day instructor-led course is also offered as an alternative to provide practical volumetric testing as well.
Course pre requisites
Delegates will be expected to have the basic knowledge of HEPA filtration. An understanding of testing and validation would be advantageous but is not necessary.
- To understand the history, construction and grading of HEPA filters.
- To be introduced to the principles of volumetric and face scanning methods of testing & validating HEPA filters.
- To be introduced to the principles of changing HEPA filters via the safe change (bag-out, bag-in) method.
How to apply
To purchase this course please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our training team will be in contact with you to arrange access to our online learning portal where you will be able to purchase the course using PayPal, Visa or Mastercard.