Meeting report: Global Alliance for Research on Avian Diseases 2018, International Conference, January 17 to 19, 2018, Hanoi, Vietnam
The cellular localisation of avian influenza virus PB1-F2 protein alters the magnitude of IFN2 promoter and NFκB-dependent promoter antagonism in chicken cells
Poultry trading behaviours in Vietnamese live bird markets as risk factors for avian influenza infection in chickens
2018: Talks given by Munir Iqbal as invited speaker.
- Molecular determinants for antigenicity and vaccine efficacy of H9N2 avian influenza viruses. Presented at “Poultry Industry” 2nd -3rd December 2018, organised by Fakieh Poultry at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
- Improving vaccines against viral diseases of poultry. Presented as invited speaker at 2nd International Congress of Veterinary Microbiology, 16th -19th October 2018. Sherwood Breezes Resort-Lara, Antalya, Turkey.
- Understanding Antigenic Diversity, Zoonotic potential and immunological prevention of avian influenza viruses affecting poultry. Presented at “UK-China Philippines-Thailand Swine and Poultry Research Initiative project kick-off workshop” at China Agriculture University, Beijing, 26th – 28th September 2018.
- Overview of Avian Influenza group Research at The Pirbright Institute. Presented at “Interactive session with poultry stakeholders” at University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences (UVAS) Lahore, Pakistan, 3rd August 2018.
- Immuno-pathobiology of H9N2 avian influenza viruses: looking at how the viruses evolve and persist in poultry. Presented at “Techniques for Healthy Farming and Diseases Prevention & Control of Livestock and Poultry. Beijing, August 13th-15th, 2018.
- H9N2 avian influenza viruses: impact of evolutionary changes on virus antigenicity, receptor binding and zoonotic potential. Presented at “Conference on Animal Infectious Diseases and Human Health” held at The Veterinary Biotechnology Branch of Chinese Association of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine & the Veterinary Immunology Branch of Chinese Society for Immunology. August 7th-10th, 2018 Harbin, China.
- Mapping antigenic determinants of H9N2 avian influenza viruses and improving vaccines and diagnostics” presented at Foreign Talent Lecture: New strategies and new techniques for the prevention and control of major avian diseases. Shandong Binzhou Animal Science & Veterinary Medicine Academy, Binzhou, China. 6th August 2018.
- Evolution of H9N2 avian influenza virus under immune pressure. Presented at 10th International Symposium on Avian Influenza, 15th – 18th April 2018, The Grand Hotel, Brighton, UK.
- Improvement of vaccines and diagnostics against avian diseases. Presented on 15th March 2018at Jordan Bio-Industries Center (JOVAC), Amman, Jorden.
- H9N2 avian influenza viruses: impact of immune pressure on virus antigenicity, receptor binding and zoonotic potential. Presented at Global Alliance for research on Avian Diseases (GARAD-2018) held in Hanoi, 17th-19th, January, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Progress and outcomes of ZELS research project entitled Combating avian influenza through systematic analysis of antigenic drift, genetic variation, and development of novel diagnostic tools and vaccines. Presented at ZELS Grant Holders Workshop, 23rd-24th, January, Hanoi, Vietnam.