Antigenic Characterization of Human Monoclonal Antibodies for Therapeutic Use against H7N9 Avian Influenza Virus
Risk assessment of the newly emerged H7N9 avian influenza viruses
The influences of microbial colonisation and germ-free status on the chicken TCRβ repertoire
The origin of internal genes contributes to the replication and transmission fitness of H7N9 avian influenza virus
Development of in house ELISAs to detect antibodies to SARS-CoV-2 in infected and vaccinated humans by using recombinant S, S1 and RBD proteins
Newcastle disease genotype VII prevalence in poultry and wild birds in Egypt
- Member of Institute Risk Committee
Talks presented by Munir Iqbal
Understanding the Pathogenesis, Antigenicity and Zoonotic Potential of H5N1 HPAI Infecting Poultry in the UK. Avian Influenza Response – Rapid Technical Risk Assessment. 11 November 2021. Nobel House, UK Health Security Agency. London.
H5Nx High pathogenicity avian Influenza viruses. MEVAC International poultry Scientific Symposium, 2nd to 5th November 2022, Tolip Resort El Galala Hills, Ain Al Sukhna, Egypt.
Developing vaccines for emerging and transboundary diseases of livestock. 23rd Annual World Vaccine Congress. 11-14 October 2022, de Congressos de Barcelona, Spain.
Understanding immunological dynamics following infection and vaccination of avian influenza. Oxford DTP students. 28th September 2022 at the Pirbright Institute.
Targeted Antigen Delivery Vaccines: Next Generation Vaccines for Poultry. Presented to UKRI-BBSRC Chief Executive. 26th September 2022.
Developing novel multivalent vaccines for poultry viral diseases. Pirbright- Jenner, Oxford University Human and Veterinary Vaccinology Course 2022. 21st September 2022.
Targeted antigen delivery vaccines, a new approach for potent immunity in chickens. Poultry Disease Group meeting #82, 18th July 2022.
Improving vaccines and vaccination strategies for effective control of avian viral diseases. The Pirbright Institute’s Knowledge exchange seminar at The University of Agriculture Faisalabad (UAF), Pakistan on 6th April 2022
- Improving Poultry Vaccines. Virtual meeting organised by the University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Lahore, Pakistan. 13th January 2022.
- Improvement in the Production Systems and Potency of Poultry Vaccines. Poultry vaccines meeting with the field veterinary staff. Virtual meeting organised by Hi-Tech Poultry Breeders (Pvt) Ltd, Lahore, Pakistan. 17th January 2022
- Poultry Vaccines Production Approaches: Recombinant-HVT and subunit Vaccines. Poultry stakeholders meeting with the field veterinarian. Cairo, Egypt 12th February 2022
- Avian influenza vaccines: 13th iHEN webinar of the One Health Poultry Hub. organised by ‘One Health Poultry Hub’ Webinar delivered on February 10, 2021.
- Selectively Targeting Hemagglutinin Antigen to Chicken Antigen Presenting Cells Induces Faster and Stronger Immunity against Avian Influenza. Virtual Symposium on Vaccines for Poultry Organized by International Veterinary Vaccinology Network (IVVN) 25 February 2021.
- Avian influenza viruses in Bangladesh, Vietnam, and Sri Lanka: investigating genotype to phenotype (antigenicity, virulence, host-range). Webinar organised by ‘One Health Poultry Hub’ on 28th March 2021.
- The rise and fall of antigenic mutations: A path to the persistence of avian influenza viruses. The Pirbright Institute Research Update Seminar Series. 27th April 2021.
- Avian Influenza H9N2 and H7N9 evolution, fitness in poultry and zoonotic potential. UC Davis Education Conference on One Health for Food Safety, Agriculture, and Animal Health. The virtual conference was hosted by the University of California, Davis, western institute for food safety & security; co-hosted by: China Agricultural University, College of Veterinary Medicine. July 26 - August 6, 2021.
- Next-generation poultry vaccines. The Pirbright Institute Trustee Board and Science Advisory Board meeting on 20th July 2021.
- High pathogenicity avian Influenza (HPAI) H5 in Europe –Epidemiology and Surveillance. Presented via Webinar, organized by Boehringer Ingelheim, 3rd July 2020.
- Sustainable poultry (meat and eggs) production in Pakistan: Challenges and Opportunities. Presented at UKRI-GCRF “Food Security, Agriculture, and Nutrition” workshop, Marriott Hotel, Islamabad, Pakistan. 9th- 10th March 2020.
- Understanding avian influenza virus evolution and development of next-generation vaccines. Presented at 459th Scientific Meeting of The Veterinary Research Club at The Farmers Club, 3 Whitehall Court London, 14th February 2020.
- Recombinant single-chain variable fragment (scFv) antibody protects chickens from avian influenza. Presented at Systems Immunology Workshop: Adaptive immune repertoires and beyond. University of Surrey, UK. 16th-17th January 2020.
- Understanding antigenic diversity, zoonotic potential and immunological prevention of avian influenza viruses affecting poultry. Presented at UK-China-Philippines-Thailand Swine and Poultry Research Initiative: Interim Project Workshop Hilton Hotel, Bracknell, UK. 13th-15th January 2020
- Identification of antigenic epitopes to broaden and enhance the efficacy of avian influenza vaccines. Presented at 6th Animal Vaccines and immune Adjuvant Technologies Salon & Advanced seminar, Shandong-Binzhou Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine Academy, China, 18-20 October 2019.
- Protecting poultry from avian influenza through passive immunisation. Presented at Foreign Experts Seminar “New strategies and new tools for the prevention and control of major poultry diseases. Shandong-Binzhou Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine Academy, China, 20-22 September 2019.
- Improving vaccines and diagnostics for Avian influenza viruses affecting poultry. Presented at the International Poultry Expo “Poultry Science Conference”, Lahore, Pakistan, 13-15 September 2019.
- Understanding avian influenza virus evolution, antigenic diversity and vaccine failure. Presented at the 2019 Symposium on techniques for healthy breading and disease prevention & control of livestock and poultry, Golden Harbor Hotel, Beijing, 21-23 August 2019.
- Determinants of antigenicity of H9 Avian Influenza Viruses. UK-China Swine and Poultry Workshop.17-18 June 2019, The Pirbright Institute, UK.
- Molecular determinants modulating avian influenza H7N9 virus antigenicity. Presented at The Microbiology Society Annual Conference 2019, 8-11 April ICC Belfast, UK.
- The global Situation and pathobiology of Avian Influenza in different Avian Species. Presented at the 11th Scientific conference of Egyptian Veterinary Poultry Association, Conference “Towards a National strategy to control poultry industry problems in Egypt”. 20-23 April 2019..
- The co-Circulation of Low and High-path-AIV in the same country with sub-optimal bio-security: Virus evolution and impact on vaccine efficacy. Presented at the 11th Scientific conference of Egyptian Veterinary Poultry Association, Conference “Towards a National strategy to control poultry industry problems in Egypt”. 20-23 April 2019.
- Molecular determinants of antigenicity of H7 and H9 avian Influenza viruses. Presented as invited speaker at BBSRC UK-India Partnering Award seminar: University of Liverpool. 2 May 2019.
- Molecular Determinants for Antigenicity and Vaccine Efficacy of H9 and H7 Avian Influenza Viruses. Newton Agham Researcher Links Workshop: Novel vaccines and diagnostics technologies against Emerging and re-emerging veterinary Pathogens. 4-7 February 2019 at Rizal Pak Hotel, Manila, Philippines.
- Molecular determinants for antigenicity and vaccine efficacy of H9N2 avian influenza viruses. Presented at “Poultry Industry” 2nd -3rd December 2018, organised by Fakieh Poultry at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
- Improving vaccines against viral diseases of poultry. Presented as invited speaker at 2nd International Congress of Veterinary Microbiology, 16th -19th October 2018. Sherwood Breezes Resort-Lara, Antalya, Turkey.
- Understanding Antigenic Diversity, Zoonotic potential and immunological prevention of avian influenza viruses affecting poultry. Presented at “UK-China Philippines-Thailand Swine and Poultry Research Initiative project kick-off workshop” at China Agriculture University, Beijing, 26th – 28th September 2018.
- Overview of Avian Influenza group Research at The Pirbright Institute. Presented at “Interactive session with poultry stakeholders” at University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences (UVAS) Lahore, Pakistan, 3rd August 2018.
- Immuno-pathobiology of H9N2 avian influenza viruses: looking at how the viruses evolve and persist in poultry. Presented at “Techniques for Healthy Farming and Diseases Prevention & Control of Livestock and Poultry. Beijing, August 13th-15th, 2018.
- H9N2 avian influenza viruses: impact of evolutionary changes on virus antigenicity, receptor binding and zoonotic potential. Presented at “Conference on Animal Infectious Diseases and Human Health” held at The Veterinary Biotechnology Branch of Chinese Association of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine & the Veterinary Immunology Branch of Chinese Society for Immunology. August 7th-10th, 2018 Harbin, China.
- Mapping antigenic determinants of H9N2 avian influenza viruses and improving vaccines and diagnostics” presented at Foreign Talent Lecture: New strategies and new techniques for the prevention and control of major avian diseases. Shandong Binzhou Animal Science & Veterinary Medicine Academy, Binzhou, China. 6th August 2018.
- Evolution of H9N2 avian influenza virus under immune pressure. Presented at 10th International Symposium on Avian Influenza, 15th – 18th April 2018, The Grand Hotel, Brighton, UK.
- Improvement of vaccines and diagnostics against avian diseases. Presented on 15th March 2018at Jordan Bio-Industries Center (JOVAC), Amman, Jorden.
- H9N2 avian influenza viruses: impact of immune pressure on virus antigenicity, receptor binding and zoonotic potential. Presented at Global Alliance for research on Avian Diseases (GARAD-2018) held in Hanoi, 17th-19th, January, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Progress and outcomes of ZELS research project entitled Combating avian influenza through systematic analysis of antigenic drift, genetic variation, and development of novel diagnostic tools and vaccines. Presented at ZELS Grant Holders Workshop, 23rd-24th, January, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Appointment as visiting professor at Royal Veterinary College London.
- Appointment as adjunct professor of microbiology at University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences (UVAS) Lahore, Pakistan.