The Pirbright Institute is a publicly funded private company. We have a diverse range of major stakeholders, and receive strategic funding from BBSRC which is supported by the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills.
Our major stakeholders are:
- Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC)
- UK Department for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra)
- Wellcome Trust, Medical Research Council (MRC) and other research funding agencies
- International funding and disease control agencies, such as OIE, WHO, the European Commission, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Industrial producers of veterinary vaccines and antivirals
- Farmers and livestock keepers