The Institute is partnering with Nurole, the leading board-level hiring platform, to find two new Trustee Directors to join its Board. One will be a high-achieving bio-scientist, ideally in the fields of virology or immunology, and who will be a leader in their discipline, bring senior strategic-level experience, and a commitment to act as an ambassador for the Institute. The other Trustee Director will be a leader within a science-based organisation, who will have generalist leadership experience in an organisation which deals with science across the commercial, public or non-profit spaces.
The Trustee Board is responsible for setting strategy, monitoring performance, and seeking assurance from the Senior Leadership Board which, in turn, is responsible for the management of the Institute. All members of the Trustee Board are expected to contribute to all aspects of the Trustee Board’s responsibilities.
The duties of a Trustee Director are to:
- Ensure that the Institute complies with its governing document, charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations
- Ensure that the Institute pursues its objectives
- Ensure that the Institute applies its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objectives
- Contribute actively to the Trustee Board by giving strategic direction to the Institute, setting overall policy, defining goals, setting targets, and evaluating performance against agreed targets
- Safeguard the good name, reputation, and values of the Institute
- Ensure the financial stability of the Institute.
The Pirbright Institute welcomes applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith or disability. Given the current balance on the Board, applications from ethnic minority groups and other protected characteristic groups would be particularly welcomed. All appointments will be made on merit, following a fair and transparent process, in line with the Equality Act 2010. However, the organisation may employ positive action where diverse candidates can demonstrate their ability to perform the role equally well.
To register your interest, and for more information on both roles please visit the Nurole website. The deadline for consideration is 1 August 2022. For any questions or issues, please contact William.Prescott@nurole.com.