- 56th Nigerian Veterinary Conference, Speaker. Isolation and full genome sequences of two co-circulating lineages of peste des petits ruminants viruses from Nigeria. October 7 – 11, 2019. Book of abstract page 125. Reverton Hotels, Lokoja, Kogi State, Nigeria.
- 54th Nigerian Veterinary Conference, Speaker. Co-circulation of African and Asian lineages of peste des petits ruminants viruses in Nigeria. November 6 – 10, 2017, book of abstract page 84. Unity Hall, Kano, Kano State, Nigeria.
- 2nd Global PPR Research Alliance (GPRA) Meeting, Poster Presentation. Seroprevalence of Peste des petits ruminants virus (PPRV) antibodies in camels in Nigeria. April 29 – May 1, 2013. Jacaranda Hotel, Nairobi, Kenya.
- 2nd Global PPR Research Alliance (GPRA) Meeting, Poster Presentation. Molecular analysis of Peste des petits ruminants viruses (PPRV) from current outbreaks in Nigeria. April 29 – May 1, 2013. Jacaranda Hotel, Nairobi, Kenya.
42nd European Veterinary Conference, Speaker. Isolation and Genetic Characterization of Canine Distemper Viruses from Domestic Dogs (Canis familiaris) in South Africa. April 23 -25, 2009, scientific proceedings page 283. Amsterdam RAI, Netherlands.
4th South African Veterinary and Paraveterinary Congress, Speaker. Genetic Comparisons between Canine distemper virus vaccine strains and current field isolates obtained in South Africa and Nigeria. July 7 – 11, 2008, book of proceedings page 104. Suncity, South Africa.
International Conference on emerging and re-emerging viral diseases of the tropics and sub-tropics, Poster Presentation. Isolation of wild –type canine distemper viruses from domestic dogs in South Africa. December 11 – 14, 2007, book of abstract page 259. New Delhi, India.
- Mallama Adama Audu Yelwa Prize for the best graduating student in clinics in the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Maiduguri, Nigeria 2002/2003 session. Awarded on April 21, 2004.
- Royal Canin Residents & Research Award, First prize (case reports/clinical trials): European Veterinary Conference (Voorjaarsdagen) 2009. Awarded on April 25, 2009.