This 1.5-day course is designed primarily for maintenance technicians and apprentices. Delivered within a purpose-built training room at The Pirbright Institute, the course will give delegates practical experience in addition to live demonstrations within a working environment. Delegates will review and deepen their understanding of Biological Safety Cabinets (BSCs) through the differing classes to maintenance and testing, which are in accordance with BS EN 12469 (2000) and are also a legal requirement under COSHH.
What you need to know
- Cost: The cost for this course is £350 payable via PayPal, Visa or Mastercard (local taxes will be added where applicable).
- Duration: This course will take 1.5 days to complete. Once purchased, access to Pirbright will be arranged on a one-to-one basis at a convenient date.
- The course will be delivered in English (UK) and includes a written and practical assessment.
- A certificate of competency will be awarded to those passing the assessments.
- Please note that a blended learning course, comprised of an e-learning module and a 1-day instructor-led practical revision session, is also offered as an alternative to this course.
Course pre requisites
A basic knowledge of BSCs would be advantageous but is not a requirement for this course.
- Background of BSCs
- How they work (all classes)
About the trainer
Training in Biocontainment Engineering is led by David Hamer. David is responsible for the development and delivery of specialist training courses aimed at engineering professionals overseeing the safe operation of high containment facilities (in particular at biosafety levels 3 and 4).
Previously, David was a Senior Maintenance Owner for three years at The Pirbright Institute, where he managed both scheduled planned preventive and reactive maintenance activities across the site, as well as conducting project management.
Before joining the Institute, David spent 29 years in the Royal Navy as an Engineer, leaving as a Commissioned Officer within the training branch.
How to apply
To book this course please email email@example.com. Our training team will then get in contact with you to arrange payment and a suitable date for the course.