Farming & Veterinary Event, Monday 20 October 2014
If you are a member of the farming, veterinary or meat supply chain industries, we invite you to join us at The Pirbright Institute for a Farming and Veterinary event on Monday 20 October 2014.
A number of our scientists will present and discuss some of the most recent advances in research, diagnostics and surveillance into viral diseases of livestock and poultry. You will also have the opportunity to tour our brand new state-of-the-art high containment laboratory, The BBSRC National Virology Centre: The Plowright Building.
The event will cover the following areas:
- Surveillance and The Pirbright Institute World Reference Laboratories
- Arboviruses: current and future threats of bluetongue
- Novel foot-and-mouth disease vaccines
- African swine fever – the next threat?
- Avian viral diseases – recent discoveries
For a full programme, directions, security and general information about the event please see the attached details.
Book your free place now by visiting the registration site. Password: F@rmV3t
Places are limited and available on a first-come first-served basis.
Registration deadline: Friday 17 October, 12pm
How to find us